Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Learn Something New Nearly Every Day!

Fair warning...blogs will be fast and furious as even more shipments are starting to arrive this week!  Check frequently!

Hi SP Bloggers ... I've been enjoying this hobby for nearly 20 years and still find there's always something new to learn and try.  The Playground team helps me do just that.

I recently took LynnMarie's stamping board class that featured Inky Antics stamps and Honey Pops (honeycombs card inserts).  When finished, I had gotten exposure to the new Inky Antics stamps, plus a new technique to use with my color pencils -- a technique I can now use in my card making and scrapping. 

Last month, I took Dianne's Hero Arts class. Again, got to try out the latest products, but also learn folding techniques that can jazz up cards and journaling blocks on my scrapbook pages.  Looking forward to her March 3rd class ... totally different look and feel from last month's class, but five card creations that are right up my personal distressed style!  (See sneak peek below!)

For those that like to finish a class with a technique and a completed scrapbook layout, of course the Playground has something for you too!  For example, there are Renee's Basic Grey and Seasonal Layout classes (this month's Seasonal classes are full - but there's always next month!).  You'll also want to watch for details about the new class Renee's starting in late March!

Please check the Class Calendar link or call or stop by the store to sign up for whatever classes grab ya!  We welcome your feedback about our class offerings -- just leave a Comment below.  There's always something new to learn and play with at the Playground!

SNEAK PEEK AT MARCH 3 HERO ARTS CARD CLASS


1 comment:

  1. Hi Everyone,
    I took this class last night and made 5 gorgeous cards. I learned a couple of new techniques and I have a things that I am putting on my shopping list. I can't wait to get back to the store and buy that new pen I got to use!

    ReplyDelete