Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Weekend for Reflection

Hi SP Bloggers ... some of you have already survived it and still others have years until you'll experience it.  But for some of us, the time has come... time for our kids to go away to college. 

Personally, it's been a whirlwind of activity to get my first-born son ready to go -- orientation, roommate assignments, schedules, books, dorm supplies, medical forms, and, of course tuition payments.  I've been thankful for it all as it's helped me avoid over thinking what lies ahead.  I am really proud of my son and know in my heart that he's ready to spread his wings and fly.  I'll be sure he knows that, but I also hope he'll be patient and understanding with me as I try hard not to tear up or let the lump in my throat be too obvious as we say "See ya Son." and leave him next weekend in his new home away from home.

Coincidentally, this weekend I discovered a shoebox of pictures I hadn't seen in years.  Among them were pictures of my son's kindergarten graduation.  Seeing these pictures again and knowing he's about to start a new chapter in his life inspired me to do some scrappin' this weekend ... and the new Graphic 45 ABC Primer collection was perfect.  It was nice reflecting on his early school years and imagining his exciting times ahead at college!

(Sorry my photo's a bit wonky!)
Graphic 45 ABC Primer paper & chipboard. Also used a spiral
notebook edge punch, M.Stewart butterfly punch, new
Thickers, Vintage Photo distress ink, Krylon gold leaf pen
and bling on butterflies. To create frame around main photo,
trimmed ruler from one of the papers, cut it in half and used
both halves (top & bottom of ruler) to form the 4 separate
pieces of the photo frame.

No matter what milestones or celebrations you might be experiencing, I betchya there are just the papers and supplies you need to capture those memories in your cards and scrapbooking pages.  Hope to see you at the Playground during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment