Saturday, July 27, 2013

Card #2 by Linda

Good Evening Bloggers:


Today we are releasing the second of two cards that our Card Designer Linda prepared.    These cards along with the other projects are hanging up to the right of the door when you walk into Scrapper's Playground.  Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used in these designs.  
 
Cards by Linda E.
(All products used on these layouts where bought/provided from Scrapper's Playground)



Supplies:
 
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock
Bazzill Two Scoops Textured Paper
Paper Smooches Surf and Turf stamps
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing (Tangerine Hello) Stamps
VersaMark Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fade Blue Jeans; Barn Door)
Momento Tuxedo Black ink
Red Stickles
White Signo Pen
Twine from Scrapper's Playground
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares

Did you know that every acrylic stamp set comes with twice the number of images that you see? It' does if you think about using the flat side of the stamp -- you know the side that usually mounts to your acrylic block -- to create a solid image. That is exactly what I did on today's card which was inspired by this crib sheet that I saw on a birth announcement. Here's how:

I cut the white cardstock to a standard size card and the grey cardstock mat to measure 5.25"x4". Next, I cut, a piece of white cardstock to measure 5"x 3.75". This is the piece I used as the focal point for my stamped image. To create the solid whale, I adhered the detailed side of the stamp to my block so that the solid side (or wrong side, if you will) would be the side that got inked. I find that when using this technique with distress ink, it is important to condition the stamp. So, after making sure that my stamp is perfectly clean, I inked it with VersaMark ink and then directly inked it with the distress ink and stamped. The VersaMark ink seems to help the distress ink cling to the stamp and results in a better image. Next, I stamped the water splashes, I decided that I wanted to add a heart too so I stamped two more splashes in red ink, overlapping the images slightly to create a heart. I filled the heart with red Stickles and stamped the sentiment with black ink. (Just a note, I cut the exclamation point off the stamp but I could have masked it with a piece of washi tape.) Finally, I added a smile and eye to the whale using a White Signo pen. After adding a piece of twine to the bottom of the cardstock, I adhered it to the card using foam dimensional adhesive. I left this card as a plain note card but could have easily added the word baby and turned it into a congratulations for the new parents.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment