Sunday, August 18, 2013

1st Set of Cards by Linda E of the Design Team


Good Evening Bloggers:

Today we are releasing the 1st set of cards from our Card Designer, Linda E.   These cards along with the other projects are hanging up on the wall to the right of the door as soon as you walk into Scrapper's Playground. Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used on these cards.

Cards by Linda E

Supplies:


Paper: Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock (white, purple)
Tim Holtz Distress Water Color Cardstock (white)
Stamp: Paper Smooches Flap Happy (butterfly)
Die: Paper Smooches Butterflies 3
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black)
Tim Holtz Distress Markers (Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves.)
Stickles: Pink Taffeta
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares; Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue


I was excited to work with the new Tim Holtz Water Color Paper featured in today's card. To begin, I cut a standard A2 card and then cut a piece of the water color paper to measure 2 3/8" 5 1/2". There are many ways you can color this paper.  I chose to color the solid images from Paper Smooches Flap Happy with Tim Holtz Distress Markers and layer them on the paper.  My hope was that when I added water, the colors would blend but I would still be able to see faint images of the butterflies.  You can add as much or as little water as you want until you get the look you are going for.  I zapped the panel with a heat tool, stamped a second layer of butterflies and spritzed some more water for the intensity I wanted.  And yes, you can make out a few images of butterflies in my background!

Next, using more water color paper, I die cut three butterflies.  After stamping the coordinating images with StazOn Ink, I colored each butterfly with two or three of the distress markers. Because I wanted more control of the water, I spritzed a little water onto my craft sheet and, using a paint brush, added it to my images to blend the colors.  Once dried, I added Stickles in the new Pink Taffeta color to the wings.  Again, I used a paint brush for maximum control.  To finish my card, I mounted the water color panel to the purple cardstock which was cut 1/4" wider. After adhering that panel to the card, I added the butterflies using foam adhesive for dimension and stamped my sentiment.  I left the inside blank for a personal note. 

This card was made with my friend, Sherry, in mind. She just celebrated the 4th anniversary of her last chemo!
 






 
 
Great Job Linda!  Love the use of Tim Holtz's  Distress Water Color Cardstock!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card--------Perfect
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice card -- love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done!! Love the technique, the colors, all of it!!

    ReplyDelete