Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Design Team 1st Set of Cards by Guest Designer Jessica Rotkiewicz


Good Evening Bloggers:

Today we are releasing this month's 1st set of cards from our Guest Designer, Jessica Rotkiewicz.   These cards along with the other projects are hanging up on the wall to the right of the door as soon as you walk into Scrapper's Playground. Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used on these cards.

Cards by Jessica Rotkiewicz

Supplies:


My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing- Honey “One of a Kind” Notable Paper
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing- Tangerine “Wonderful” Dandy Paper
Card Shoppe card stock- Pink and Stone
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing- Honey “One of a Kind” Layered Stickers
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing- Honey “Perfect” Tiny Word Stickers
 
Dies used to help create the design:
Sizzix Card, Scallop Circle Insert
Sizzix Circle dies
Quickcuts Card size dies
 
 
Today's card features My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing Honey theme paper and layered stickers. This is an extremely easy card to make and all your friends will think you spent hours working on it.
 
First, I folded my Card Shoppe card stock to make a card (4.25”x 5.50”, Photo #1). Next I used my Quickutz, Nesting Card Templates cookie cutter nesting dies (the 4.25”x 5.50” rectangle, Photo #2) to cut the background paper. If you are a card maker these dies are a must! Just a side note about this product, there are seventeen rectangles and perfect to use with your A2 and mini cards, it’s the perfect set to add the layered look to any design. If you don’t have a set you should stop by Scrapper’s Playground to pick one up.
 
Okay, now back to the rest of the layout, for the pink scallop circle, I used a Sizzix die called the Sizzix Card, Scallop Circle Insert  (Photo #3). If you don’t have this die just yet you could also use a white decorative doily. You might even have one hanging around in your kitchen cupboard from your last luncheon or tea party. I then used circle die cuts to cut the next two papers and layered them all together in the middle of the card, and gluing down with your choice of adhesive (Photo 3-4). With the My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing- Tangerine “Wonderful” Dandy Paper, the ziz-zag circle paper, I did use pop dots to make this layer pop from the design (Photo 6).
 
Lastly, I chose one of the Honey “One of a Kind,” Layered Stickers from My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing and placed it in the center of the page (Photo 7). With this design I chose to keep it simple with layering everything in the middle of the card.
 
I was so inspired with this paper and the layered stickers that I wanted to try something else. I decided to make the same basic skeleton again for the card and this time to off center the main design and put one of the Honey “One of a Kind,” Layered Stickers from My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing, off centered (Photo 8).  Don’t be afraid to move things off the conventional normal and go off to one side or the other, things don’t always have to line up.
 
As, I looked at my two card designs one may have thought I was done…..but wait I never used the Perfect” Tiny Word Stickers from My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing (Photo 9). I thought to balance the words from the layered sticker,  “So Happy to Have You,” with the phrase “I love Everything About You and More,” could be added to the upper left-hand corner (Photo 10).
 
Or you could leave it without that extra phrase, it’s really up to you. That’s why I love creating cards, no two cards are exactly the same and the possibilities are endless! Good luck with your designs, I had lots of fun creating and hope this inspires you too!
 
 

2 comments: