Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cards by our Card Designer Carol Celeste

Good Evening Bloggers:

Today we are releasing cards from Carol Celeste of our Design team. These cards along with the other cards are to the right of door when you walk in to Scrapper's Playground. Our Design Team is doing an awesome job on these projects and have inspired others to think outside the box!  Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used on these projects. 
 

Thank You Cards by Carol Celeste
 
 
Supplies:
 
Bazzill Cardstock
MME Pattern Paper Pack
Thank You Stickers
Pearl Dots
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
 

When I opened my bag of supplies, imagine my surprise to find NO Stamps, and NO coloring supplies.  What to do?  What to do? 
 
But the pack of pattern paper is beautiful!  And there were clear "Thank You" stickers, along with other stickers, and pearls. Ok -- I can make this work.
 
I LOVE pattern paper -- and so do most of you -- or we wouldn't be in this hobby! 
So I looked online for a "sketch" that would incorporate several pattern papers, and I found this one from a site called "Retro Sketches"  http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/2013/08/retrosketches-79.html
 
I decided to use the sketch with the supplies to make 2 Thank you cards - one more feminine, one more masculine.  All papers are from the original paper pack.  Choosing different papers creates a different feel to your card. 
 
For the feminine card, I used pink colors, and florals.  I rounded the corners, added some sparkle from "Wink of Stella" pen, and added the pearls.
 
For the masculine card, I used the wood grain and hounds tooth paper.  I distressed the edges, and added some Distress ink.
 
These cards along with my next set were so much fun to make, and so easy!  I loved the Thank you stickers -- they helped the cards come together very quickly.  If you need a card quickly, you should really consider some of these stickers, and a pattern paper pack!!
 
 




 

Thank You Cards #2 by Carol Celeste
 
 
Supplies:
 
Bazzill Cardstock
MME Pattern Paper Pack
Thank You Stickers
Pearl Dots
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
 
For the first (blue teal with stripes and polka dot), I cut the polka dot on an angle.  Then I layered the top of the polka dots with a strip cut from the diagonal paper.  I cut a solid piece of teal, and layered another strip of diagonal paper.  This panel was popped over the polka dot paper.  The Thank you was cut from the sticker sheet.  A few pearls to set if off, and done!  CAS (clean and simple) and QAE (quick and easy)
 
The last card was a bit trickier to make.  I layered the bottom of the cardstock with the black floral paper (I LOVE this paper!).  The top chartreuse paper was a bit of a challenge to cut.  I cut an angle a bit larger than 90 degrees (an obtuse angle for you mathematicians) . It was larger than the card, and hung over the edge, but that's ok.  I popped this solid piece up.  I turned the card over, and trimmed off the excess edges.  Another Thank You sticker, some pink pearls, and done!
 
I really like these 2 cards also.  So simple, but pretty.
 

 


Great Job Carol!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment