Friday, October 28, 2011

Don't Ya Just Love Fridays!!

Hi SP Bloggers ... Not to sound like Sesame Street, but today's all about the letter "F".

First, a Final Friendly Friday reminder that this is your last weekend to create an SP Challenge page or card with the Spellbinders Edgeabilities.  We know a bunch of you have picked these up, so we're really anxious to see your creations.  By end of day Monday, October 31, please email a picture of your creation and your name to scrappersplayground.angie@gmail.com.  We'll then be posting your pictures on one of our blogs next week (oh and Free goodie bags to the First 10 local submitters!).

So on another note, I just dropped my son off at high school a little earlier and I actually heard the "F" word on the radio ... I mean Flurries in the Tri-State area of course (I don't know what you guys were thinking!). I'm not quite ready to throw the Flip-Flops in the back of the closet just yet though, so I'm going to try to hang on to Fall a little while longer.

I know that sometimes we all get stuck for page and card ideas.  But there really is inspiration all around us ... in magazines, in ads and even in product packaging.  The following page was created based on a photo of a scrapbook page on Little Yellow Bicycle's "Hello Fall" paper flower package. Just a side note ... there are so many possibilities in their paper flower package, including pre-cut pieces to create a number of different sized rosettes!  And the canvas sticker borders are awesome too, with 2 each of the 3 designs that come in the package. Then there's the double-sided paper, matching chipboard, etc.  Love their stuff!

We hope to see you at the Playground this weekend, for even more inspiration.  Leave a comment below to let us know where you find your inspiration!


Image from LYB package is on the right and my "copy" is on the left.
You need: 3 sheets of paper, paper flower kit & canvas borders. 
For the "Fall" title, I didn't have stickers like in the sample, but I did
have Thickers that I painted with Claudine Hellmuth Studio paints
that I mixed to be similar to the sample.  There are slight differences
that make the layout my own, but referring to the sample was a
great kick start to creativity!



No comments:

Post a Comment