Hi SP Bloggers ... with holiday activities winding down, hoping you can now reflect on your 2011 and think about what you want to achieve in the new year. Some of my 2012 goals include taking better care of me (I already started daily gym workouts!). I hope to nurture friendships, be better organized, and make time for creativity! Feel free to share your resolutions in the Comments field below -- you just may inspire me to update my list!
Thanks to everyone who ventured out on a rainy windy Tuesday night for the 2011 Album Club celebration. Thanks to Nancy, too, for bringing her yummy cookies and candies. Club members who recorded 50 layouts received a beautiful (and free!) American Crafts 3-ring album. Some of this year's members earned two and three albums. If you do the math ... that's lots of layouts in a year! Here are some pics from the Club celebration ... then read on to learn more about the 2012 Album Club!
|There was a variety of free albums for members|
who completed 50+ layouts this year. Patti C.
went with the pin stripe one. Nice!
|Lots of goodies thanks to Nancy ... tried to get a|
picture before folks started diving in, but too late (ha!).
|Nancy didn't only bake the party goodies, but|
she made the rounds to be sure every table enjoyed!
|Our table turned out to not be Bingo Queens, but|
we had fun trying. How sad -- we were so close,
but yet so far. Congrats to the Bingo game winners!
As you consider your goals for 2012, the SP Album Club is a great way to keep your creativity flowing all year long. Membership is just $5. Current members can re-enroll now and new members can sign-up after December 31. Here's more about how the Club works:
- Create a 12x12 a layout -- whether it's a 1 or 2 page layout, it counts as a single Album Club entry.
- A layout needs to include a title, picture(s) and some form of journaling. An album dedication page with words only can also count toward your Club goal.
- You can record one layout per day, with the exception of multi-layout dates.
- You can bring in 5 pages on the 5th of March, April, June, October, November & December. Layouts created in a Playground class count too, so you can bring a layout on class date to get credit for two layouts! Before you know it, you've recorded 25 and then 50 or more layouts in a year!
- The subject of your layouts aren't timebound, but the layout needs to be your creation made in 2012.
- Just show us your layouts (we don't keep 'em) and we'll record them in our Club notebook.
- Record 25 layouts by a June date (to be announced) to be invited to the June Album Club party.
- Record another 25 layouts to earn an invitation to the December Album Club party, where members will receive a free album, goodie bags and a special after-hours members-only sale.