Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Canvas Bag Project by Kim Greenfield

Good Evening Bloggers:

Today we are releasing the Canvas Bag that Kim Greenfield our Mixed Media designer prepared.    This project along with the other projects are hanging up on the wall to the left behind the register at Scrapper's Playground.  Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used in these designs.  This bag is a perfect gift for teenagers and young girls to hold their IPhone, keys, etc.

Canvas Bag by Kim Greenfield
(All products used on these layouts where bought/provided from Scrapper's Playground)

Supplies:

Canvas Bag
Watercolors
Tim Holtz Trimmings
Color Wash Spray - Denim
Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die
Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas
Radiant Rains - Teal Zircon
Tim Holtz Gears - Sprocket and Mini
Rangers Turquoise Stickles


This was such a fun project to work on!! 
 
First, I used watercolors to paint the bag and handle.  Then I sprayed a piece of Tim Holtz Trimmings with Color Wash Spray in Denim.  I attached it with Glossy Accents.
 
I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die on a piece of Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas and colored it with Radiant Rains in Teal Zircon.  That color didn't work for this project, so I sprayed over it with Denim Color Wash.  When that dried, a slight sparkle from the Radiant Rains came through the Color Wash.  Happy accident!!
 
I attached a couple of Tim Holtz Gears (one Sprocket and one Mini) to the middle of the flower using Glossy Accents.   
 
Lastly, I outlined the flower (and dotted the middle of the mini gear) with Turquoise Stickles.
 
I never would've thought to try and alter a canvas bag, but now that I've done one, I can see these making great little gifts stuffed with all kinds of things!  Its called an IPhone Bag, but I'm thinking gift cards, makeup, notepad and pen, votives, crayons, small puzzles/games---so many possibilities!!  What are you thinking?!
 
 




2 comments:

  1. How cute are those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue, the ribbon and the flower. I just love the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete