Monday, September 30, 2013

2nd Card by our Designer Linda


 
Good Evening Bloggers:
 
Today we are releasing the 2nd set of cards from Linda from our Design team. This card along with the other projects are hanging up on the wall to the right of the door as soon as you walk into Scrapper's Playground. Our Design Team is doing an awesome job on these projects and have inspired others to think outside the box!  Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used on these projects. 
 

Cards by Linda
 
Smile

 
 
Supplies:
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock
My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste 6x6 pattern paper
My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste -- Adorbs -- Clear Acrylic Stamps -- Loved
Doodlebug Design Cardstock Stickers -- Quotes -- Fruitstand Collection
VersaMark Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters)
Clear Embossing Powder
Fancy Trims by Petaloo
Wink of Stella Brush Pen (clear)
White Signo Gel Pen
Glossy Accents

The inspiration for this card came from the adorable Doodlebug quote stickers. When I saw all of the different speech bubbles, I knew I wanted that to be the theme of my card. To create this card, I cut an A2 card with a top fold from the bright green cardstock. I then cut another panel to measure 4" x 5.25". Using VersaMark ink, I randomly stamped the two speech bubbles from the Loved stamp set. I sprinkled with clear embossing powder, zapped it with my heat tool and set it aside.

Next, I cut a number of strips of pattern paper with widths varying from 3/8" to 3/4". (By keeping my widths narrow, I ensured that I have enough pattern paper left to cover a card front. You can also use leftover scraps for this technique.)  I took a piece of scrap computer paper and cut it down to 2" x 4".  I covered one side of the computer paper completely with adhesive and then layered the strips on a diagonal. When the entire surface was covered, I flipped it over and trimmed the strips of paper. I used Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters distress ink to ink the edges. This step is very important because it gives all of the different papers a cohesive look. I adhered this to the bottom of the stamped block. I used a piece of ScorTape to adhere the ribbon and foam adhesive to adhere the panel to the card.

I added sparkle to the "Smile" sticker with a Wink of Stella Brush pen. Love this pen! Seriously, every card maker should have one (or two or three)! To enlarge the sticker, I placed it on a piece of coordinating and fussy cut around it. Then I used a Signo gel pen (my other favorite pen) to add the white faux stitching.After popping the stickers on foam adhesive, I added them to my card. Because the embossing made the card surface slick, I added a squirt of Glossy Accents under each foam dot. The inside sentiment reads: you are loved. I think this would be a fun and cheery card to send to a teen who just went off to college. 











This card is so cute and would make a great card to send to someone you haven't seen in a while!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! that was a lot of stuff in that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Linda. I love the colors and the patterns you put together. Great job. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way you did the background and how you altered the sticker!! so creative!!

    ReplyDelete