Tuesday, October 1, 2013

3rd Card from Linda from our Design Team

Good Evening Bloggers:
 

Today we are releasing the 3rd set of cards from Linda from our Design team. This card along with the other projects are hanging up on the wall to the right of the door as soon as you walk into Scrapper's Playground. Our Design Team is doing an awesome job on these projects and have inspired others to think outside the box!  Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used on these projects. 


 

Cards by Linda
Happy Birthday

 

 
Supplies:
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock
My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste 6x6 pattern paper
My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste -- Adorbs -- Clear Acrylic Stamps -- Loved
Paper Smooches Birthday Sampler Stamps
Doodlebug Design Cardstock Stickers -- Quotes -- Fruitstand Collection
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry)
Memento Tuxedo Black.
Candi Minis
Corner Rounder
Scoring Board and Bone Folder


When it comes to making cards, I am not a firm believer of the "less is more" philosophy. So if using one Doodlebug quote sticker on a card is good, using two -- or even three -- must be better! So that was the starting point for the design of today's card.  I started with an A2 card in the landscape position with a top fold, and scored a line 7/8" and 3 3/8" inches from the bottom. These score lines basically created a channel for the decorative elements. Next, I cut a piece of the pink cardstock to measure 5 1/2" x 2 3/8"; the chevron stripe to measure 5 1/2" x 2 1/4" and the blue pattern to measure 5 1/2" x 2".  Finally, I cut three 1 5/8"-inch squares from the woodgrain pattern. I wanted to round two opposite corners on each and I wanted to make sure that the woodgrain ran in the same direction on each.  Therefore, I lined the squares up, flipped them over and marked the corners that I would round.  I adhered the layers onto the card, using my Tim Holtz ruler to make sure that the squares were evenly placed.  I used foam dimensional tape to add the quote stickers and used Glue Dots to add the candi minis.  Wanting to carry the "quote" theme through on the inside of the card, I stamped a speech bubble from the My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste collection and used a sentiment from Paper Smooches Birthday Sampler.










 

2 comments:

  1. pretty!! love the colors and that you stamped the inside, too

    ReplyDelete