Tuesday, October 1, 2013

4th Card by Linda from our Design Team

Good Evening Bloggers:

Today we are releasing the 4th set of cards from Linda from our Design team. This card along with the other projects are hanging up on the wall to the right of the door as soon as you walk into Scrapper's Playground. Our Design Team is doing an awesome job on these projects and have inspired others to think outside the box!  Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used on these projects. 


Cards by Linda
Many Thanks

Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock
My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste 6x6 pattern paper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry)
SRM Sticker Sentiments -- Thank You
Kaisercraft Basics Pearls
Candi Minis
Glossy Accents
Circle Punches or dies

After cutting and scoring the Taffy cardstock to create the base of this standard A2 card, I cut a mat from the pink cardstock to measure 5 1/4" x 4" and adhered it to the cardbase. Next, I cut four pieces of pattern paper to measure 1 1/4" x 3 3/4".  I cut a piece of computer paper to measure 5" x 3 3/4"piece and adhered the patterned paper strips to it.  Using the computer paper helps ensure that the strips are straight.  I distressed the outside edges of the patterned paper mat and adhered it to my card.  To create the flower, I punched two circles from a solid piece of designer paper using 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" circle punches. (You can also use circle dies.)  I adhered a sentiment sticker to the smaller circle and burnished it with a bone folder. To the larger circle, I adhered repositionable adhesive to the back side and placed candy minis all around the outside edge to create the petals of the flower.  Using repositionable adhesive enabled me to adjust the Candi Minis as I went along. Once I had everything where I wanted it, I ran a line of Glossy Accents. When dried, those Candi Minis won't go anywhere! For the leaves, I cut two more circles using the 1 1/2" circle punch and then cut the leaf shape as shown in the picture.  I also scored the leaves down the center to give them some dimension. I adhered the leaves to the card and then used foam adhesive to add the flower.  Finally I added some pearls to the leaves for some extra texture.

Storage Tip: As my collection of TIm Holtz distress inks grew, keeping track of the foam applicators became challenging.  I now use a piece of washi tape to store the matching applicator on the bottom of each ink pad.  Now, whenever I take out the ink, the matching applicator is right there too.  
Great Job Linda!  Love the use of the sticker sentiments and your advice for storing the matching applicator to the bottom of each ink pad using washi tape!



  1. lots of great ideas here!! using different strips of paper as the front is one, and the sentiment flower is another. love how you made the petals and the leaves!!