Sunday, October 6, 2013

2nd Mixed Media Project by Kim Greenfield

Good Evening Bloggers:

Today we are releasing the 2nd Mixed Media project from Kim Greenfield of our Design team. This project along with the other projects are on shelves to the left of the register. Our Design Team is doing an awesome job on these projects and have inspired others to think outside the box!  Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used on these projects. 
 


ATC Frames by Kim Greenfield
 
 
Supplies:
 
LYB Burlap Chip Album
Adorn It Fabric
G45 Metal Butterflies
Petaloo Stick Pins
Thickers
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals & Tattered Leaves Dies
Tim Holtz Distress Stains
Tim Holtz Distress Paint
Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint
Creative Imaginations ATC Frames & Die Cuts
Creative Imaginations Stencil
Ric Rac
Yupo Paper
Alcohol Ink
Dylusions Sprays
Paper Towels
Claudine Helmuth Sticky Back Canvas
Twine
Liquitex Light Modeling Paste
TH Distress Reinkers
Claudine Helmuth Multi Medium
Glossy Accents
 
 
I decided to use the frames to showcase just a few of my favorite techniques that I've learned from some very talented people.  I started out by covering the chipboard pages with fabric and tissue tape, then I dry brushed paint on the inside front and back covers.
 
COVER:  I ran the butterflies through my Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then used alcohol ink on them.  I finished them off by adding the stick pin bodies before attaching them to the cover.
 
TITLE PAGE:  I cut fabric and vellum with my Big Shot using the Tattered Florals die.  Then I stained them and attached a rhinestone center.
 
CLEAR ROCK CANDY:  I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I really love this stuff!!  This time, I cut the flowers from thin chip and covered them with a thick layer of Rock Candy.  To get the effect shown here, its best to let it dry completely on its own.  For the less than patient (which includes me sometimes!) you can use a heat gun to speed up the process AFTER it starts to crack on its own.  Using the heat gun, you'll get finer cracks.  Once it was completely dry, I used Distress Stains on them (a very cool technique I learned during an online class I took with Tim Holtz!)  I also used the Stains on the ric rac stems.
 
DYLUSIONS SPRAY:  I learned this technique during an LynnMarie's class and love the effect!!  I took some paper towels, sprayed them with the ink and zapped them with the heat gun.  Once they were completely dry, I peeled off the top ply and stuck it on Sticky Backed Canvas before running it through my Big Shot using then Tattered Leaves die.  Then I covered them with a thin layer of Clear Rock Candy.
 
ALCOHOL INK:  This is another technique I learned from LynnMarie's...painting with alcohol inks!!  Who knew?!  I'm no artist, but the combination of Yupo paper, alcohol ink and the patient instruction of LynnMarie's resulted in me being able to paint more than just stick people!
 
LIGHT MODELING PASTE:  This is some of my favorite stuff to work with!  Thank you, Sue, for introducing it to me.  I mixed a couple of drops of Distress Re-inker in and smeared it through a stencil. 
The background is a print I made using a Gelli Plate (another bit of fun I learned about from Sue!)
 
If you haven't already, try one (or more!) of these techniques in your next project.  You might find a new favorite!!
 
Great Job Kim!  Your projects are so inspiring!
 














 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous!! I love all the techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete