Saturday, October 5, 2013

1st Mixed Media Project by Kim Greenfield


 
Good Evening Bloggers:

Today we are releasing the 1st of our Mixed Media project from Kim Greenfield from our Design team. This project along with the other projects are on shelves to the left of the register. Our Design Team is doing an awesome job on these projects and have inspired others to think outside the box!  Please feel free to ask any of our Staff for information on the products that were used on these projects. 
 


Dress Form by Kim Greenfield

Supplies:
Bare Elements Jeramee Dress Form
Tim Holtz Tissue Paper
Tim Holtz Distress Stain Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Stain Frayed Burlap
Tim Holtz Distress Stain Antique Linen
Adorn It Vintage Groove Fabric
Kaiser Craft Wood Wings Flourishes
Collage Pauge
Tim Holtz Distress Glitter Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy
Tim Holtz Ball Chain
Tim Holtz Jump Rings
Tim Holtz Enameled Tags
Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs
Glossy Accents
Wonder Tape
Craft Pearls
Ribbon
 
I started out by covering the body with Vintage Photo stain.  I also stained the tissue paper with Antique Linen.  I use Antique Linen on any paper I want to tone down or age a bit--even patterned paper.  I think it gives it a perfectly aged look.  I tore the tissue paper into pieces and used Collage Pauge to place them all over the body. 
 
Once that dried, I painted the top and the base with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  I broke the cardinal rule by using my heat gun on it, then dabbed Frayed Burlap stain over that. 
 
The wings were coated in Collage Pauge and dipped in Distress Glitter, then set aside to dry.
 
After my wonderful scrappy friends convinced me that I could, I actually sewed the skirt!!  (Please don't tell my husband.  Not that he'd believe it, but still.  Why take the chance.)  I attached the pearl trim to the ribbon with Glossy Accents and added it to her skirt using Wonder Tape (red line tape).  I added additional ribbon to the bottom of her skirt.
 
To finish, I used a Remnant Rub on an Enameled Tag, attached a jump ring and hung it on some Ball Chain.  Lastly, I attached her wings with Glossy Accents.
 
I can see this being a super cute project made to match the décor in almost any room at home, or a holiday decoration or part of a seasonal display.  It would also make a great way to present a necklace or bracelet gift, too!
 
Great Job Kim!!!  Love how you used the Crackle Paint!
 
 





 

2 comments: